100 Word Challenge: Although they ran quickly, they were still not making enough progress

Although they ran quickly, they were still not making enough progress. The ginormous animal was slowly coming towards them, each leap that it  took would create cracks on the earths surface “We’re not gonna make it!” screamed Henry. That month a group of friends had headed into the forest, as the five friends woke up that morning they could see a shadow was cast on the earths face as the astonishing creature howled as the sun rose. As the beast was running towards them, Melissa stayed back and started throwing rocks at the creatures legs but it was too late…..

3 thoughts on “100 Word Challenge: Although they ran quickly, they were still not making enough progress

1. Hi Grace,
    I really like this post. I think you incorporated the prompt in the story really well. I like the feeling that you have created. I have a question, is the animal a wolf? I noticed that your idea and my idea was really similar. Really good job!
    Sofia-http://sofiama2016.global2.vic.edu.au/2018/04/18/100-word-challenge-although-they-ran-quickly-they-were-still-not-making-enough-progress/

2. This was great the only thing you have to work on is the ‘to’ in the last sentence. It should be ‘too’, but It’s great

3. Well done Grace.
    I love the way you drew in the reader right from the start.
    I could picture the cracks appearing in the ground and the terrified runners scrambling for safety.
    The sentence that followed (That month a group of friends had headed into the forest, as the five friends woke up that morning they could see a shadow was cast on the earths face as the astonishing creature howled as the sun rose.) seemed a bit disjointed and didn’t flow as smoothly. Try rereading it aloud to see if you can refine it a little.
    Well done.